MissTeach

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Classroom Mayhem

Today's class this week was a bit off. It, to me, started off in a harsh way. Well a test, per say, is part of schooling and being tested on our preparatory skills but it was almost rushed and forced upon with little time to prepare and even then, finish. But, that's life I guess. The topics of the day were interesting and I do enjoy when we, as a class, get a chance to go over the last reading for the week. I feel the professor is a very educated woman who knows what she wants and what she talks about by the way she answers questions and asks them by relaying them to the class in a way where they can be answered and understood. I do like that confidence about her, coming from someone of myself who has a tremendous amount, and the way things seem to get taught and understood to move on to the next lessons to be practiced. However, the one thing that I did have a sour feeling about was the short paper we had to write about in an hour out of a short quotation. I understand we need to be quick on our toes and be assessed of our writing capacity but it felt like I was participating in a race that needed to be completed in a short amount of time and it was a little bit pressurized. But again, I guess that's learning fast; if I had to prefer, I would like better to feel a little bit more relaxed to be open to asking and answering more questions if I felt a bit more excepted and not judged as a whole class. I guess well see how things go, like she said, it takes six weeks for a student and teacher to bond and become trustful of each other so I guess we have two weeks to go...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home