MissTeach

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Haiku

When reading this assignment, I remembered and took out the book filled with Haiku's I have written in 1995 when I was 14. There was so many Haiku poems about so many things, in fact, there were even some poems about school too :)

One last year of school,
between my future and I
of teaching others.

This is an incentive poem that made me think that only one year stands in the way of me and the future of the children that I will one day be able to teach and make them prosper into better children for this world. Putting this into perspective makes me realize that everyday is one day closer to my dream and what I want to ultimately do in the process of helping children learn. It is a long and hard road but it's finally coming to an end and if I keep my focus and dedication a little bit longer it will be a huge payout for me in the end and be rewarding as well. Now by reading this during class will make me understand what I need to do in getting through each class day and make me one day closer to my goal.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:05 AM, Blogger dancechica said…

    I liked that you wrote this poem when you were 14. Those words still hold up and apply. The road to becoming a teacher is a long and difficult one but I agree with you when you say it will be a huge pay off in the end. Educating children is one of those professions that the payoff is immediate and right in front of you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home